Dose Administration Aids (DAAs) are sealed, tamper-evident packages that allow individual medicine doses to be organised according to the prescribed dose schedule. Manually placing the appropriate medications in the different compartments of a Webster Pak is a common way to prepare a Dose Administration Aid within a pharmacy.
High Volume, High Speed DAA Preparation
Some pharmacists are embracing the opportunities associated with an aging population and dose administration aids. We helped APHS (now Epic Pharmacy, with DoseAid being their Dose Administration Aid division ) become the first TGA-certified facility for the high volume dispensing of DAAs. Packaged into sachets, the APHS’ dose administration aids are prepared using automated tablet dispensing and packaging systems.
If you are planning a non-pharmacy facility for the automated and computerised dose packing systems required to prepare high volumes of DAAs we can help you get the regulatory approvals you’ll need as well as show you how to reduce costs and improve efficiencies.
It’s likely you’ll need help with:
- Designing and building the facility or fitting out an existing building
- Implementing and optimising a Quality Management System
- Selecting and validating machinery
- Optimising processes to reduce errors and operational costs
- Managing the recurrent costs and continual effort required to remain compliant
- Preparing for a regulatory audits and responding to any findings
- Training staff
- Risk assessment and management
contact us at one of our offices around the world to learn more about how we can help you.