Latest Pharmaceutical Industry NEWS from PharmOut’s Experts and GMP Consultants
This page contains brief overviews of PharmOut’s top 10 blogs in the medicinal cannabis cultivation and exportation sector, pharmaceutical manufacturing, quality management/risk management (QRM), bio-medicines, manufacturing sciences/pharmaceutical engineering, veterinary medicine manufacturing and other industry news.
Articles include coverage of common GMP inspection failures/audit findings from the TGA and FDA, compliance issues relating to PIC/S, EU GMP and ODC licencing and permit requirements for medicinal cannabis cultivation and manufacturing).
Latest News Updates | August 2019 — September 2019
New Medicinal Cannabis Training Courses
News: Pharmaceutical Manufacturing and Medicinal Cannabis (GMP/GACP)
Medicinal Cannabis News: PharmOut announces new Medicinal Cannabis Courses in South Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
Latest News Updates | June 2019 — July 2019
Medicinal Cannabis Business Case Studies in Australia
News: Pharmaceutical, Medicinal Cannabis and ODC Licencing, Site Selection, Facility Designs/Engineering
Case Study published on a Medicinal Cannabis project for ANTG.
Synopsis: TGA and ODC licencing for two medicinal cannabis industry facilities in Australia (GMP and EU GMP compliant engineering designs and processing systems) for future exportation to the European market
- Global corporation
- Seeking cannabis consultancy for facility design/architecture, process engineering and SOPs for GMP and EU GMP
- From site selection investigations through to Licensing and GMP processing
Approach: PharmOut’s top cannabis consultants used a ‘digital engineering’ approach to model-up the existing and proposed conditions in three dimensions. These models were used throughout the entire design and construction process. The entire project was ‘process-driven’ in developing designs through an understanding of the prescriptive requirements of the facility’s capacity and capability.
Protected Cropping Australia’s Conference Presentation(s)
News: Pharmaceutical, Medicinal Cannabis, Veterinary Medicines, Bio-Medicines and Medical Device Manufacturing
PharmOut’s expert Medicinal Cannabis Consultants / GMP Consultants also presented at Protected Cropping Australia’s Gold Coast Conference (7th July 2019).
Synopsis: Licensing, Regulation & Design of Medicinal Cannabis Facilities (Research Abstract)
PharmOut’s Director, Trevor Schoerie, and his Cannabis Cultivation colleague(s) attended the 2019 Protected Cropping Australia (PCA) conference held in July.
Invited speakers presented PharmOut’s abstract regarding their research into the licencing, regulation and design requirements of Medicinal Cannabis facilities in Australia.
Highlights of PharmOut’s PCA presentation included:
- the potential value of cannabis crops in Australia
- impacts of recent regulation changes
- how long it takes to apply for a cannabis cultivation licence
- licencing and regulatory processes for medicinal cannabis cultivation in Australia and differences between hemp licences and cannabis
- how licencing and GMP requirements influence medicinal cannabis cultivation and processing facility design and operations
- ways the proposed GMP facility designs, including site locations and processing facilities, must meet security and design standards corresponding to the activities that will be conducted.
- cannabis design considerations required to establish Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and workflows to achieve Medicinal Cannabis product standards.
“PharmOut laid out a clear pathway to cannabis cultivation, including describing realistic timelines,” noted PharmOut’s Director, Trevor Schoerie after the PCA conference.
“As a leading GMP practitioner with over 20 years pharmaceutical experience, I’m astonished just how misinformation there is out there about this industry.”
For updates in GMP, GACP, cannabis cultivation and pharmaceutical manufacturing and engineering, browse our top 10 cannabis industry blogs, GMP inspection finding articles and pharmaceutical industry news articles.
Page last updated on September 18, 2019.