Latest PharmOut news | GMP Engineering, EU GMP compliance, TGA, FDA, PIC/S, Medicinal Cannabis and Life Sciences
This page contains links to PharmOut’s list of top 10 blogs in the medicinal cannabis cultivation and exportation sector, pharmaceutical industry, life sciences engineering and other news in the GMP and EU GMP compliance industry.
PharmOut Pty Ltd | Pharmaceutical Industry News
Pharmaceutical News | July 2019 Publications
Case Study published on a project for ANTG.
Synopsis: TGA and ODC licencing for two medicinal cannabis industry facilities in Australia (GMP and EU GMP compliant engineering designs and processing systems) for future exportation to the European market
- Global corporation
- Seeking cannabis consultancy for facility design/architecture, process engineering and SOPs for GMP and EU GMP
- From site selection investigations through to Licensing and GMP processing
Approach: PharmOut’s top cannabis consultants used a ‘digital engineering’ approach to model-up the existing and proposed conditions in three dimensions. These models were used throughout the entire design and construction process. The entire project was ‘process-driven’ in developing designs through an understanding of the prescriptive requirements of the facility’s capacity and capability.
PharmOut’s expert Cannabis Consultants presented at Protected Cropping Australia’s Gold Coast Conference held on the 7th of July 2019 in Queensland, Australia.
Synopsis: Licensing, Regulation & Design of Medicinal Cannabis Facilities (Research Abstract)
PharmOut’s Director, Trevor Schoerie, and Cannabis Cultivation Expert Matthew Hayes attended the 2019 Protected Cropping Australia (PCA) conference held in July.
- Matt was a Featured Speaker during the special Medicinal Cannabis Sessions at the PCA event.
- Matt presented PharmOut’s abstract regarding their research into the licencing, regulation and design requirements of Medicinal Cannabis facilities in Australia.
Highlights of Matt’s presentation included: the potential value of cannabis crops in Australia, the impacts of recent regulation, and the time it takes to receive a cannabis cultivation licence.
PharmOut’s cannabis cultivation research presentation included:
- licencing and regulatory processes for medicinal cannabis cultivation in Australia and differences between hemp licences and cannabis
- how licencing and GMP requirements influence medicinal cannabis cultivation and processing facility design and operations
- ways the proposed GMP facility designs, including site locations and processing facilities, must meet security and design standards corresponding to the activities that will be conducted.
- cannabis design considerations required to establish Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and workflows to achieve Medicinal Cannabis product standards.
“I’m glad Matt laid out a clear pathway to cannabis cultivation including realistic timelines,” noted PharmOut’s Director, Trevor Schoerie. “As a leading GMP practitioner with over 20 years pharmaceutical experience, I’m astonished just how misinformation there is out there about this industry.”
For updates in the industry, browse our top 10 cannabis industry blogs and pharmaceutical industry news articles.