Documentation requirements for a medicinal cannabis cultivation and production licence
When applying for a medicinal cannabis cultivation licence from the Office of Drug Control you will need to provide the following documentation with your application:
- Evidence that you are fit and proper person
- Identification documents
- Evidence of financial stability
- A site map, showing what is in the immediate vicinity
- A detailed floor plan of any buildings on the site with a particular emphasis on security details
- A copy of any standard operating procedures and policies that will be used
- A risk management plan
The main focus of the licence application assessment is the control of the crop to ensure that no vulnerable communities, such as schools, hospitals or drug rehabilitation centres are at risk. The application will also be assessed from a security perspective to ensure that the necessary protection is in place to prevent unauthorized people from accessing the plants.
There is also an assessment of the quality management systems and other documentation that is normally found in pharmaceutical manufacture.
Research and manufacturing licence applications
The documentation listed above is also required when applying for a medicinal cannabis cultivation licence for research or manufacturing purposes. In addition, the application for a manufacturing licence must be accompanied by the following information:
- Details of the drugs proposed to be manufactured
- Details of the proposed end use of the drugs
- Record keeping arrangements, including the quantities and amount of starting material
- Information regarding products manufactured for research, clinical trials or supply to the public.
How we can help
With our diverse skill set and long experience, we can help you design and build and setup your cultivation and/or manufacturing site, as well as get your medicinal cannabis cultivation and production licences as well as the state poisons and manufacturing licenses, read blog on how to apply for a license.
In addition, our medicinal cannabis consultants may be able to assist with a turn-key facility designs.