Australian and New Zealand Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Course (Masterclass)
In Australia and New Zealand, the cultivation and manufacture of Medicinal Cannabis is heavily regulated. This can be a challenge for companies even with considerable international experience, as the GMP regulatory system is very different to what they may be accustomed to in terms of cultivation processes, record-keeping requirements, quality assurance and licencing and permit requirements.
In addition, as you design, build, validate and operate your Medicinal Cannabis facility, you will bump into a host of additional red tape and practical problems. However, this course is focused on the above and a host of practical cultivation tips. For a full list of our best GMP courses and training topics in validation, testing, data integrity and CAPA, click here.
To solve this challenge, this Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Course (a 1-Day Masterclass) is hot off the press.
The Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation training course will cover Quality by Design topics including:
- ODC, TGA and Poisons Licensing Requirements (for Australians)
- Practical suggestions on the GMP and workflow requirements for Facility Design
Good Agricultural Practices: Sustainability meets flexibility
- Climate control Temperature/humidity and sensor location, CO2 levels based on plant stage and safety, vapour pressure deficit (VPD), condensation and air movement
- Cleaning/Safety/Security– Products on the market, scrub out, bathroom use, air showers, workflow, spray bottles, flags and bucket designations (colors). PPE – big topic.
- Medical Cannabis Plant CultureLeaf and root zone temperature, leading meter solutions, trellis, transplant, strain selection, mediums, mom/clone room, tissue culture, pot size, seed storage and implementation
- Nutrients– In-house raw salt vs brand name nutrients, run-off testing, compliance requirements (general), plant stage vs plant effects
- IPM (Integrated Pest Management)– Organic vs. non organic, workflow, strategy, preventative approach, PPE, blue/yellow sticky traps, green waste bin/locations, inventory in-take.
- Extraction– Various methods and considerations – End product, strain selection and cannabinoid profile
- End product – Tablets, soft gel capsules, transdermal patches, gummies, chocolates, vape
- Systems/SOPs– BMS options, water recapture, redundancy/backup, plant tag, security/alarms, door access, workflow, check-lists
- Manufacturers– Greenhouse, BMS, materials, mediums, meters, packaging, irrigation, lighting, tier racks (vertical farm)
- Post-Harvest– Flower vs Extraction (end product). Drying racks (spacing, mesh, shaker box), wet vs. dry, hand trim vs. machine trim, scales, packaging, flash dry, air quality, filters, masks, employee safety
- Flower media/pictures with description (i.e.: terpenes, cannabinoids, colour)
- Storage– Tupperware, glass, turkey bags, buckets
- Green Waste –Proper disposal and chipping options
Facility design – Indoor vs. Greenhouse vs Outdoor – Facility Location (considerations), water, electric, neighbours, climate, soil reports, NO drywall if possible – NRP paneling, supplemental light, charcoal vs HEPA filter system, GH roof/shade options, floor drains, roof height, flex-space, delivery/shipping, inventory, UVC sterilization, light vestibules, MJ light sensitivity, floor paint, bench/tray design, trellis
- Climate: Temp, Humidity, CO2, VPD, air movement
- Irrigation: Hydroponics, Aeroponics, Drip, RO systems – TDS, pH, etc
- Lighting/plant zone– LED, HPS, MH, CMH, greenlight, incandescent
- Vertical Farm: Systems/considerations
What you will learn in the 1-Day Training Course
The course will provide participants with an understanding of:
- Which licencing, GACP, GMP regulatory requirements apply to your specific operations.
- The practical application of the GACP and GMP objectives for facility design, construction and commissioning.
- The requirements of PIC/S and other international GMPs, and its application in the Medicinal Cannabis workplace
- Participants will receive a copy of the presentation(s), relevant notes and workshop materials. A certificate of completion for each module will be issued to participants who successfully complete the assessment.
- A written assessment is conducted at the end of the day.
- The “Australian and New Zealand Medicinal Cannabis” Cultivation Training Course is a combination of lecture-style learning and active practical activities with participants working in small groups on assigned tasks.
Recommended pre-reading: browse our Top Blogs in the Cannabis Industry and latest news about Medicinal Cannabis
Who should attend?
- Cultivation personal at all levels
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control personnel
- Operations and Manufacturing personnel in GAP and GMP areas
- Engineering & Automation personnel
- Anyone interested in learning about or improving their knowledge of Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation or understanding cannabis industry requirements
Cost of Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation (Regulatory Overview)
AUD $400.00 + 10% GST
Prices are per person and include morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
Register for the Australian and New Zealand Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Course:
If you need any assistance, would like a quote for personalised group training or just have a general training question don’t hesitate to contact us.
Note the Medicinal Cannabis Academy is also offering 5-day intensive training courses in Cannabis Cultivation in late 2019. Register your interest by sending an email.
Register for the 1-Day Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Masterclass – or attend the National GMP Forum.
|Australian Medicinal Cannabis Conference 2020||Sofitel Melbourne on Collins||