Training and Education Announcement | Medicinal Cannabis Industry Courses in Australia
The Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Academy (MCCA) is launching soon, featuring industry-tailored courses for the medicinal cannabis cultivation and production sectors, led by PharmOut.
There are also 1-2 Day Medicinal Cannabis workshops and Cannabis Industry/GACP training courses being held in 2019 and 2020, including Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation and Medicinal Cannabis Industry training in South Africa, Medicinal Cannabis workshops in Australia and New Zealand in November 2019, and the November 2020 Australian Medicinal Cannabis Conference in Australia (AMCC).
Upcoming Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Courses – November 2019
Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Academy (MCCA) – Cannabis Cultivation and GMP Training by PharmOut
PharmOut’s medicinal cannabis consultants are recognised as having extensive experience in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry, including validation training, GMP (PIC/S, EU or US FDA) compliance training, medicinal cannabis cultivation and global medicinal cannabis industry knowledge and medicinal cannabis industry consulting expertise including quality management systems (QMS), site selection, security, workflows and licencing applications.
Medicinal Cannabis Industry Training Course Details: 5-Day Practical Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Course
- To register your interest for 2019-2020 cannabis cultivation training, contact PharmOut and indicate you’d like to be added to the mailing list for updates for GACP/GMP Industry Training Courses including our Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Academy courses in Victoria, Australia commencing in Q4 2020.
- There are short courses in November 2019 – click here to learn more.
- You can also register to attend Australia’s annual Medicinal Cannabis Industry Conference (Forum) being hosted again this year by PharmOut, being held in Melbourne, Australia in November 2020.
Other GMP compliance courses and GMP refresher courses for Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, New Generation Medicines/Herbal Medicines, and Veterinary Medicines manufacturing, can be found by clicking here.
- Course Cost: $5,000 AUD + GST
- Pre-requisites: NONE, however, eLearning for GMP (Herbal and Complementary Medicines) is recommended
- Training Location(s): TBA – Regional Victoria
- Duration: 5 Full Training Days plus self-paced learning resources
- Assessment: Upon completion of the medicinal cannabis cultivation training course topic assessments, you will receive a Certificate of Completion
Overview of Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Course | Orientation Training
Title: Medicinal Cannabis Industry Overview and Cultivation Crop Care Training
Course Reference: Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Training Orientation
What will this new industry-specific cultivation training course explore?
Practical Medicinal Cannabis Crop Cultivation (Australia) – Course Overview
Introduction | Overview of the Medicinal Cannabis Industry | Cultivation and Regulations
- licencing, permits and regulatory requirements
- introduction to roles of Office of Drug Control (ODC) and Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- overview of industry-specific regulations and guidelines in medicinal cannabis cultivation and production
Workplace health and safety (WHS) | Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation workplaces
- Industry risks and risk reduction requirements for workers/employers
- Personal protective equipment (PPE), Security
- Tools and Equipment
Standard Operating Procedures in Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation Facilities (Overview)
- workflows; hygiene, preventing cross-contamination
- other regulations and common workflows specific to the industry
- waste management, security requirements, cannabis industry employment overview
Botany: Cannabis plant anatomy
Cultivation systems and practical crop care requirements
- climate controls
- propagation (cloning, grow systems)
- canopy management
Cannabis varieties, phenotype, chemotype
- growth stages
Common plant diseases and pests
Overview of GACP (Good Agricultural and Collection Practices) and basic GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) including
- Introduction to regulations and compliance in the medicinal cannabis industry
- Discussion of quality management systems (QMS), including hygiene, batch traceability, data integrity and security
- Basic recordkeeping (Good Documentation Practices or GDocP)
Medicinal Cannabis Industry Course Instructors:
Our course developers and presenters are industry-experienced medicinal cannabis consultants and/or growers with extensive experience and knowledge of regulations in pharmaceutical manufacturing including herbal medicines, validation, compliance and GACP medicinal cannabis cultivation and GMP production requirements (PIC/S).
Who should attend this training course in Medicinal Cannabis Cultivation (open to the public):
- Individuals interested in learning more about Medicinal Cannabis cultivation
- Business owners entering the medicinal cannabis industry
- Horticulturalists, gardeners, plant disease experts interested in employment in Medicinal Cannabis cultivation
- Plant supervisors / Production Crop Managers
To register your interest or stay up to date with information, please email your contact details from our Contact Us page.
** Note: Review our other Medicinal Cannabis training courses and upcoming Cannabis Industry Conferences and short courses, led by PharmOut’s leading Medicinal Cannabis Consultants/GMP Consultants and Instructors.
You can also register for the November 2020 Virtual Medicinal Cannabis Conference (AMCC), including the leading Medicinal Cannabis and GMP / EU GMP Consultants from PharmOut.